Thank you for your interest in Carolina Public Press. We want you to republish our content at no cost. But before you do, you must agree to the following:
- You may include our stories in your publication or on your site, but you may not resell the story to someone else.
- Story content, facts, quotations and other data may not be edited without receiving prior and express permission. Permissible edits not requiring permission are: changing references to timing (for example: “today” to “yesterday”) and style edits to follow your publication’s style guidelines. If you have a question, please contact our editor, Angie Newsome, at email@example.com.
- If you publish our story online, please include all of our internal links.
- Pick and choose. Please do not republish everything on our site without contacting our staff first.
- Give us credit. Please publish the author’s name as follows, for example: By Angie Newsome, Carolina Public Press. Link back to our site’s home page, www.carolinapublicpress.org, in that credit line.
- Do not sell ads against our story. You may, however, publish it on a page surrounded by advertising you’ve already sold.
- Let us know if you republish a story appearing on our site. Please send us a link and/or hard copy of our story in your online or print publication. We keep track of this information, which we provide to our funders. Send all print copies to: Carolina Public Press, P.O. Box 17595, Asheville, N.C., 28816. Send links to our editor, Angie Newsome, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs and Graphics
- Photos and graphics by Carolina Public Press staff and contributors may not be republished, either in print or online, without express permission. E-mail Editor Angie Newsome at email@example.com for more information. We may or may not have copyright to the images that appear on Carolina Public Press.
- We are unable offer any permission for the reprinting of reader-submitted photographs, including those appearing in the Carolina Public Press Flickr group. To republish reader-submitted photographs, contact the original photographer directly about the photo you’re interested in.
If you have any questions, please contact the editor.